Welcome to the Orange County Time Bank
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile.
- Attend an orientation or complete an online orientation.
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicating with a neighbor and determining a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
The mission of the Orange County Time Bank is to build and strengthen relationships within Orange County, California by connecting people’s unmet needs and untapped resources. We do this through the use of “time banking,” a system in which members give and receive services and skills using “time dollars,” a community currency that uses time as an indicator of value. The concept is simple: One hour equals one time dollar, regardless of the service given, from dog-walking to graphic design, community organizing to tutoring, cooking lessons to massage therapy. Everyone is an asset and everyone's time is valued equally. Anyone living, working, volunteering, or spending a lot of time in any of the cities in Orange County, California can join. Since we have done fundraising to pay for expenses, membership is Free. For additional information, email email@example.com or go to our Meetup Group: http://www.meetup.com/octimebank/ and Click on "Pages".
A community-based, member-run grassroots organization, the Orange County Time Bank is a project of Catalyst Network of Communities, a 501c3 nonprofit www.gocatalyst.org/